il y a 3 semaines - Energie - Rabat - 246 vues
Détails de l'annonce
- Contribute to the development of the department strategy and support effective cascading of the department strategy into policies and procedures in line with the overall business objectives of the legal function.
- Manage self and team in line with NOMAC’s people management policies, procedures, processes, and practices to ensure adherence and to maximise own and employee contribution to business performance.
- rovide on the job coaching and mentoring to other junior members of the team on all corporate legal matters, in order to enable development of talent across the team.
- Conduct extensive legal research related to all legal matters in order to maximise knowledge in legalities pertaining to relevant matters and offer informed legal advice in the light of complex information.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to all functions across the Company in order to ensure legal aspects are thought through and considered for all critical decisions.
- Manage the legal disputes and investigations for NOMAC ensuring adequate representation of the company before judicial/arbitration administration and governmental authorities (through sub contracted law firms) in litigation matters and/or acquiring registrations, licenses, permits, etc. to comply with government requirements.
- Conduct investigations related to violations committed by employees and recommend appropriate disciplinary action.
- Negotiate, draft and review various contracts and complex strategic agreements within the tight deadlines in order to provide legal authorisation for clearance, where required.
- Lead the provision of legal support including the full support of contract communication, documentation, interpreting and evaluating terms and conditions, and negotiating term sheets with ACWA Power that contain all relevant legal and commercial language to protect NOMAC’s interests and ensure the correct service is obtained by NOMAC.
- Provide legal opinions on contractual language and develop solutions to complex legal questions to ensure timely resolution of matters.
- Work with Finance /Supply Chain teams to coordinate contractual insurance requirements and with Risk Management Department to maintain the company's risk register, to ensure adequate support and guidance from a legal perspective.
- Serve as a secretary to the board and committees as and when required in order to ensure all the Board related documentation and minutes are compiled and distributed in a timely manner.
- Draft and review the corporate documents, including - amendments to the Company’s articles of associations, shareholders’ resolutions, Board resolutions, Chairman resolutions, Directors’/officers’ certificates; Sole managers’ decisions; and annual general meetings minutes etc., to ensure timely completion of activities as per the requirements.
- Evaluate the efficiency and quality of external counsels in different jurisdictions to ensure the company is getting the best value for the fees paid.
- Perform pre-litigation work related to all required information and detailed briefings to lawyers representing NOMAC in the court of law and monitor progress of ongoing cases to facilitate effective handling of lawsuits.
- In conjunction and consultation with the Head of Legal, provide strategy for and undertake deeper involvement in critical cases to achieve maximum position for NOMAC.
- Review and provide legal advice on the development of documents (facilities, financing, transactions, and contracts) and when necessary, participate in the resolution of all issues/disputes/risks in order to secure NOMAC’s best interests.
- Ensure providing proper assessment of the risks associated with the contracts and agreements in order to ensure that NOMAC is not exposed to uncontrolled risk, and use the right protective legal instrument to hedge against the identified risks.
- Provide legal opinion on legal claims on different commercial matters e.g. customers, suppliers, vendors, contractors etc. with a view of recovering company’s rights or minimise liability and reaching amicable settlements in line with Management’s discretion.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant legal and statutory regulations, keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
- Advise on the Company’s policies and procedures, standard terms and conditions and code of conduct to ensure they are compliant with the regulatory requirements.
- Identify opportunities of improvement and contribute to organisational and departmental change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practice and standards in the business environment.
- Provide training to company and its affiliates on contractual topics so that they are aware of the legal terminology and the impact it has on the business.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
- Perform any other duties which the line manager may require to be carried out.
Profil recherché :
- Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor degree holder in Law
- Minimum Experience: 5 years’ experience in a legal function
- Bi-lingual in English and French
- Advanced knowledge of legal laws and regulations (local and international)
- Thorough understanding of commercial impact of legal decisions.
- Thorough understanding of the business value chain
- Advanced knowledge of contracts used in the Power and Water utilities
- Knowledge of risks and risk mitigation methods
- Knowledge of labor law
- Strong legal resolution skills
- Proficient analytical skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced planning & organising skills
Description de la société
The First National Operation and Maintenance Company “NOMAC” was founded in 2005 and firmly established in the GCC, in Middle and East Europe, and in North and South of Africa. NOMAC is providing high quality O&M (Operation & Maintenance) services for power production and water desalination projects, regionally and worldwide. Supported by accelerated global expansion, NOMAC is enabled to draw near to realize its vision of being the leading global O&M service provider in the power production and water desalination sectors. In Morocco, Nomac is implemented since 2014, and operating and maintaing differents projects, overall Morocco; Noor1 CSP plant (160 Mw), Noor2 CSP plant (200 Mw), both located in Ouarzazate, KHALLADI wind farm (120 Mw) in Tanger, and the 3 Noor PV plants (120 Mw) located in Ouarzazate, Laayoune and Boujdour .